Kenya has one of the most robust economy in the whole of East Africa. Its capital and largest city Nairobi is a popular tourism destination because of its numerous attractions and beautiful array of wildlife.
Types Of Kenya Visa
Single Entry Visa
Issued for single entry to persons whose nationalities require visa to enter Kenya either for business, tourism or medical reasons.
A single entry visa is valid for 3 months before you travel. Present yourself to immigration control at the port of entry, you may be issued with a stay period not exceeding 90 days.
For more information, visit here
With an East Africa tourist visa allows you move through these countries without re-applying or additional visa fee. The allows for a 90 days multiple entry.
It is issued to persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours. Those connecting flights directly without leaving the airport don’t need to apply for Transit visas.
This is a visa issued to Diplomatic, Official and Service passport holders coming into the country on official duties, or transiting through Kenya to a third country for official business or duties.
Kenya Visa Requirements
- Passport photograph on white background.
- International passport with at least 6 months validity
- Full Itinerary of Travel (Hotel, Flight and Attractions)
- Supporting Letter e.g Letter of release from your employer/school
- Hotel booking and flight reservation
How To Apply
- Click register on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Select Register as a Visitor.
- Once Logged in, Select Deparment of Immigration services.
- Select submit Appplication.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Visa Processing Time
e-Visa application processing can take within two to three working days. Visas are issued immediately at the point of entry. However, if you do not meet the requirements, you may not be allowed into the country.
a) Single entry Visa $50.00
b) Multiple entry Visa $100.00
c) East Africa Visa $100.00 – allow travel between Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda with the same multiple entry visa.The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter the region from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
d) Transit Visa $20.00.
Kenya High Commission Office Address in Nigeria
Lagos Consular Office
UBA Building, First Floor, No. 22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island.
High Commission Office, Abuja
No. 357, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja
If you have any questions about how to apply for a Kenya Visa, please let us know in the comment box below.