Are you planning to apply for a Visa at the South African Embassy in Nigeria? If yes, below you will find easy steps to apply for South African Visa in Nigeria.
The South African government have proposed to offer Nigerians 5-year visas. The South African Visa Application Centre Lagos only accept 180 applications from Monday to Friday. Also, the Abuja branch only accept 150. The Port Harcourt branch only accepts 20 and all centres attend to you on a first come, first serve basis.
There are different types of visas; the most common type is the Visitor’s or Tourist Visa. Visitor’s visas are issued for temporary visits. The purpose of the visit may be to visit family and friends, vacation or holiday, business, study, attend conference or training and transit visa.
Other types of short term visas are Official and Diplomatic Visas, which are normally issued to Government officials. A Study or Student Visa is issued to students who wish to study in South Africa for a long period. (more than 3 months).
People who want to migrate to South Africa and stay there for a long time are advised to apply for a Long Term Visa.
Visa Applying Process
Applicants are requested to read the following steps carefully before submitting their application at the VFS South Africa visa application centers
You are required to submit their applications personally at the South Africa Visa Application centres
Complete the visa application form. You can download the application form from our website.
- A valid International Passport ( Ecowas passport)
- Two identical passport size (45mmx45mm) photographs on white background showing the complete face.
- Application Form (BI84) fully completed in black ink only
- Copy of passport data page as well as copies of existing visa and previously issued visas. 4
- Self-introduction letter with physical address and phone number.
- Introduction/Recommendation letter from an Employer
- Verifiable hotel reservation/bookings
- Copy of international vaccination card (yellow fever card)
- Proof of financial status (six months recent bank statement) or financial support letter from employer with six months bank statement in a case where the Employer is sponsoring the trip.
- Applicant travelling on an official business should attach a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/conference, etc. from a South African Company with full details of the Company’s Authorised representative; physical address and phone numbers (landline number compulsory).
- Birth Certificate for Minors/Children travelling with parents. Where applicable, a consent letter with copies of parents’ identification card/passport data page, which should be attached to the application.
- Marriage Certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days.
- Booking Verifiable Flight
All the above documents are required to be submitted at the South African Visa Application Centres in Nigeria between 8.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday (except on holidays declared by the High Commission or Federal Government of Nigeria)
You can track your application online by entering your ‘Reference Number’ and your ‘Date of Birth’.
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
No. 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.
88 Woji Road
GRA, Port Harcourt.